Who changed /proc/<pid>/ in 2.6.0-test5-bk9?

From: Mikael Pettersson
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 03:59:19 EST

Linus' 2.6.0-test6 announcement doesn't seem to mention the
fact that 2.6.0-test5-bk9 fundamentally changed the semantics
of /proc/self and the /proc/<pid> name space. These used to
map to actual (kernel) tasks, now they map to what I assume
are Posixly-correct processes (groups of tasks). In particular,
/proc/self is no longer an alias for `current'.

I don't actually disagree with the change, but it took me by
surprise since neither the 2.6.0-test6 annoucement nor the
diff between the t5-bk8 and t5-bk9 logs seem to mention it.

(It broke the perfctr driver, but I'm handling that by making
an already planned API switch now instead of later.)

/Mikael