Re: File Permissions are incorrect. Security flaw in Linux

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 11:07:26 EST

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Lisa R. Nelson wrote:

> Ok, ok, I get it... It was an oversight on my part. But I'm sure
> surprised about some of the hostile replies I received. So much for a
> friendly group. People should remember that there's ALWAYS someone that
> knows more that YOU.

Well there were no hostile replies (yet), even though some kernel
developers took the time and bandwidth to explain about Unix file
permissions. And you are being unfriendly. The correct response
would have been; "Okay. Thanks".

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.22 on an i686 machine (797.90 BogoMips).