Problem switching between mains and battery on a laptop since 2.5.57

From: Dave Hatton
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 13:54:55 EST

Hi

I am having a problem with my Mitac M722 laptop.

When I pull the main cord whilst the machine is running, it continues to
operate for 1-3 secs on battery power and then hangs/locks solid.
After a reboot ... there's nothing obvious in the logs.

This problem does not occur on 2.4 (I've tried all the way up to
2.4.22-bk27) and does not happen <= 2.5.56.

I've had a look at the change log for 2.5.57 and through the patch for
obvious things ... but nothing stands out.

Can anybody help me with this / suggest a plan of attack to narrow the
problem down?

TIA

Daveh

(Please CC me at on answers as I'm not currently subscribed to the mailing
list)