Re: Dependency bug? Alsa es1370 needs joystick support

From: Christian Kujau
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 14:20:36 EST

Erik Hensema wrote:
Hello,

I lost sound support after the upgrade from -test4 to -test6; I've been
told on IRC that this could be due to a dependency of the sounddriver on
joystick support. This indeed seems to be the case.

I'm using the (Creative) Ensoniq AudioPCI 1370 driver.

Hi,

same here with es1371. but when i look into the -test6 patch, i see this:

------------------
config SND_ENS1371
tristate "(Creative) Ensoniq AudioPCI 1371/1373"
- depends on SND && SOUND_GAMEPORT
+ depends on SND && GAMEPORT
help
Say 'Y' or 'M' to include support for Ensoniq AudioPCI ES1371\ and
Sound Blaster PCI 64 or 128 soundcards.
------------------

but i did not notice that SND_ENS1371 ever depended from SOUND_GAMEPORT.
(i have no joystick, but still listen to music :-))

so, a rather trivial fix would be:

http://www.nerdbynature.de/bits/snd/Kconfig.nogameport.patch

(for SND_ENS1371 only, but should probably do for similiar cards)

oh, as Malte (TM) pointed out, this is tested for i386 only :-)

cheers,
Christian.

--
BOFH excuse #29:

It works the way the Wang did, what's the problem