Re: Reiser3/4 & Ext2/3 was: First impressions of reiserfs4

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 01:37:48 EST

Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

In article <20030912044820.GG26618@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

And if you have no superblock how does it know where the journal is?

You can search it by magic number, asume a fixed start location or whatever.

Greetings
Bernd

We are currently doing a review of what data should be duplicated elsewhere. Most of what is in the superblock is best simply recreated if lost, but we are still having discussions about some particular fields, and where to replicate them. We expect to complete this review this week.

--
Hans