Re: Linux 2.4.23-pre6

From: David van Hoose
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 06:20:29 EST

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, David van Hoose wrote:

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

Hi,

Here goes -pre6.

It contains several ACPI fixes (the USB "not working anymore" problems in
-pre5 should be gone), support for the SCTP protocol, x86-64/PPC/SH
merges, network drivers update (EMAC, e1000, sk98lin), megaraid update,
amongst others.

Enjoy :)

Summary of changes from v2.4.23-pre5 to v2.4.23-pre6

Does turning ACPI off make any difference?

Did pre4 worked?

Turning ACPI off works.
Pre4 works with ACPI.
This problem started with pre5.
I reported the problem in pre5 to ACPI-devel as per Greg Kroah's suggestion. Should I re-report the bug or not? It still isn't closed on buzilla.

-David van Hoose