2.6.0 - Network doesn't come up.

From: reg
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 16:40:52 EST

OK, Im trying to run 2.6.0-test6 on top of RH9.
I have progress in some areas but not others.

NETWORKING. is a nogo.

If I compile the driver 3c59x as a module, it gets loaded, but
with the driver in the kernel or as a module, I get the messages
in the messages file (during boot) or when I do a ./network start
from /etc/rc.d/init.d

---

[root@orion init.d]# ./network* restart
Shutting down interface eth0: [ OK ]
Shutting down loopback interface: [ OK ]
Setting network parameters: [ OK ]
Bringing up loopback interface: arping: socket: Address family not supported
by protocol
Error, some other host already uses address 127.0.0.1.
[FAILED]
Bringing up interface eth0: arping: socket: Address family not supported by
protocol
Error, some other host already uses address 204.134.2.19.
[FAILED]

---

Reg.Clemens
reg@xxxxxxx