Footprints In Your Inbox - Welcome !

From: A Gift Of Poetry
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 22:45:41 EST

Hi ,

Welcome ! Thanks for signing up ! (If you have recently requested a poem I have,
as my way of saying thank you, subscribed you automatically).

This is the first in a series of stories selected from Footprints, proudly
brought to you by Allen Jesson and A Gift Of Poetry.

Please feel free to visit www.agiftofpoetry.com as often as you like. As a
subscriber, you are also entitled to some valuable bonuses, details of which are
at the end of this message.

Dream Of A Day - An inspiring poem from a daughter to her Mom

I will be married to Peter on July 21st of 2001. I would like you to write me a
poem because I feel that it will be more personalized. I will read my mother
this poem on my wedding day at the reception. I would like to share with my
family and friends how wonderful my mother is and how grateful I am for all that
she has done for me throughout the years. My mom has been my inspiration through
out my life. She has shown me the love that two people can have for one another.
That it is for better or for worse and in sickness and in health, through her
marriage with my father. My father passed away in January of 2001. My mother
never left my father's side throughout his last six years battling with cancer.
She was there until the very end when she told him to let go and go be with his
diseased loved one's where there's only happiness, no more pain. It wasn't until
that point, with my mother by his side comforting him, did he finally pass on.
There love for one another was so beautiful and inspiring. I want my mother to
realize how much she inspires me. How grateful I am that she is always there for
me when I need her the most. I want her to realize that even though she has lost
the love of her life that the lord will give her the strength to get though the
hard times. That I will always be here for her as she was for my father. Whether
she needs a shoulder to cry on, some one to
listen, someone to laugh with, or someone to take care of her. She is my mother
forever and I will give her all the love and support she has given me. As a
little girl I always dreamed of the day that my father would walk me down the
isle. I would give him a kiss and tell him how much I loved him. I thought of
all the wonderful things he would tell me on that day. My mother and I will be
lighting a candle at the ceremony to signify my father's presence there in
spirit. I know that my father will be looking down on me as I exchange my vows.
I only pray that he is happy and proud of his little girl. In the poem I would
like to remind my mother that my father will be there that day. That he wouldn't
want us to greave because he is not here.
Instead, he would like my mom to be as proud and happy as his little girl on her
wedding day. I want my mom to be proud of me. I hope that she can understand
that I am who I am as a result of all that my mother and father have taught me.
I want in my marriage to be as happy as my parents. I hope that I can take all
that I've learned from them and be the best wife and mother that I can possibly
be. I hope that this is enough for you. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any
questions for me. Thank you so much, Sandy Davison

Dream Of A Day

When I was a little girl,
I always dreamed of this day,
I knew the words off by heart,
I knew exactly what I would say.

And I imagined my Daddy,
walking me down that aisle,
I could see the look on his face,
I could see the pride in his smile.

But life doesn't always run to plan,
I guess that's plain to see,
and some things just go and happen,
some things are just meant to be.

But this is meant to be a happy day,
happier for others than for some,
and I just wanted to share some thoughts,
because I wanted to tell you about my Mom:

My mother has been my inspiration,
she has guided me throughout my life,
and there are some words that I need to say,
especially now that I'm a wife :)

You've always been there for me,
just when I needed you the most,
and in a moment, we'll drink to you,
in a moment, to you we shall raise a toast.

Because you have shown me what love is for,
and the love that two people can have for one another,
you have shown me how to be a devoted wife,
and of course, how to be a wonderful mother.

Those six years were very tough,
but that's just when the tough got going,
and you showed Dad all of your love,
and gee, you did a lot of showing !

Even though you've lost the love of your life,
(and this is one of those meaningful rhymes),
The Lord will give you all of His strength,
to get you through your more difficult times.

And I will also always be there for you,
if you ever need a shoulder or a helping hand,
divided we shall fall and be conquered,
but together and united we will make a stand.

And if you need someone to just sit and listen,
then I'll be there just for you,
because after everything you've done for me,
this is the very least that I can do.

Today, I felt my father's spirit,
I could feel him proudly looking on,
I could feel his love for us all,
I could feel where his love brightly shone.

He just wants you to be happy,
I know this from deep inside my heart,
and he knows that he will love you forever,
and he knows that you'll never truly part.

And all that he will ever wish,
and this my dearest wish too,
is that I have such a wonderful marriage,
and that I'm loved as much as he loved you.

And today, my Daddy's spirit was with me,
and he did indeed walk me down that aisle,
and I imagined the look upon his face,
and yes, it was a very proud smile.

Copyright Allen Jesson :) 2001
www.agiftofpoetry.com

'Thank you so much for the poem. I won't need you to make any changes. It's
perfect! I think my mom will be very happy with it. I would like the background
of the boy and girl kissing. I have no problem with you publishing and putting
the poem on your website. There's no need to change the names. I would also
appreciate it if you would autograph it. Yes, I would like the original. Again,
thank you so much. You have helped me with a perfect gift of love for my mother
on my wedding day, and for that I am very grateful.'
Sandy Davison

OK - That's it for today - I hope you enjoyed it. I'll be back in touch shortly
with the next story. Please feel free to visit www.agiftofpoetry.com in the
meantime. Also, I would appreciate it if you would forward this message onto any
family or friends you think may be interested in these stories. Thanks.

Best regards
Allen Jesson
www.agiftofpoetry.com

PS If you would like to have your own poem written, I have recently expanded the
payment options so that you can now save 12% off the regular prices. You can also
spread the payment out over 6 months if you want to. Full details can be found
here:

http://www.agiftofpoetry.com/payment_page.htm

receive one of three valuable bonuses when you place your order. Details can be
found here:

http://www.agiftofpoetry.com/order_form_footprints.htm

Please do not delay as I'm not sure how long this offer will last !

If you no longer wish to receive communication from us:
http://www.1automationwiz.com/app/r.asp?ID=13575793&ARID=26725

To update your contact information:
http://www.1automationwiz.com/app/r.asp?c=1&ID=13575793