libata support for Adaptec 1205SA?

From: Kevin P. Fleming
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 10:58:44 EST

I need to add some SATA ports to a system, not RAID, just plain SATA ports. I've found the SIIG SC-SAT212 which is based on the Sil3112A chip, but may not fit in my low-profile case. There is also the Adaptec 1205SA which already is a low-profile card, but I can't seem to find any information on the 'net as to which chip it uses.

Does anyone here know, and more importantly, is libata ready to support it? I want to build a 6-drive SATA RAID using software RAID 5 (can't just the expense of a 3ware card for this application), so I need to add four ports to the two already present on an ICH5 on the motherboard.