Re: getting timestamp of last interrupt?

From: Hans-Georg Thien
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 23:05:57 EST

Karim Yaghmour wrote:

Hans-Georg Thien wrote:

I am looking for a possibility to read out the last timestamp when an interrupt has occured.

e.g.: the user presses a key on the keyboard. Where can I read out the timestamp of this event?

To be more precise, I 'm looking for

( )a function call
( ) a callback where I can register to be notified when an event occurs
( ) a global accessible variable
( ) a /proc entry

or something like that.

Any ideas ?

Have a look at the Linux Trace Toolkit:
http://www.opersys.com/LTT/
It records micro-second time-stamps for quite a few events, including
interrupts.

thanke a lot for reply Karim,

but I think that LTT does not fit to my needs. It needs to modify the
kernel - and that is what I want to avoid.

I'm looking for a already existing built-in capability.

Maybe signal SIGIO is a solution, if it does not

(x) give me *every* IO event
(x) has to much overhead - I have to respond to keyboard/mouse events, *not*
disk events
grafic card events
eth event
etc. ...