regression between 2.4.18 and 2.4.21/22

From: Justin Hibbits
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 15:22:58 EST

Something very strange is going on with my machine. With 2.4.18, I was getting 38MB/s on my main system disk (IBM Deskstar 60gxp), and 35 for the other drives (Western Digital). The IBM drive is on a Promise IDE controller (ASUS A7V266-E motherboard), and the others are on a PROMISE 2069 UDMA133 controller. However, with 2.4.21 and 2.4.22, it will not set the using_dma flag for my IBM drive, but sets it for the others, which now get sustained transfer rates of 46MB/s or greater. I'm using the same options for all 3 kernels (at least, for the ATA/IDE options). Any help would be appreciated, and I'll see if maybe I could do something with it when I get time.

Thanks,

Justin