Re: freed_symbols [Re: People, not GPL [was: Re: Driver Model]]

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 20:52:26 EST

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 06:37:18PM -0700, David Lang wrote:
> not to disagree with Larry in what he posted below, but there is nothing
> in what he says that at all means that if you paste in code from one side
> of a barrier to the other side the result doesn't need to be GPL'd

Agreed. If you are making a derived work, and pasting in stuff from a
GPLed source, your work is definitely derived and you are GPLed. And I'd
be with everyone else ripping you a new one if you didn't GPL it.

I hope people understand that I respect the GPL and what it has accomplished.
It's a great thing. People should not abuse it. My comments which may seem
against that are legal in their basis, not my personal goals.
--
---