[2.6.0-test6] Alsa problem with Via 8235

From: Chris Davies
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 13:28:05 EST

I having trouble with the my Via 8235 chipset and the
latest kernel.

Sound works sometimes for a minute or so, but most of
the time I just get a lot of random noise
(hissing/crackling etc)rather than any audio.

I noticed I'm getting the following error in dsmseg:

via82xx: Assuming DXS channels with 48k fixed sample
rate. Please try dxs_support=1 option and report if it
works on your machine.

I tried adding a dxs_support=1 option in modules.conf,
but it made no difference to the sound problem.

I've also tried playing around with the mixer
settings, but no matter what I set them to I still get
the same problem.