Re: X server on asus board

From: Matti Aarnio
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 05:20:44 EST

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 02:58:41PM +0530, Vishwanath K C wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am unable to install RH 8.0 X server on asus mother board.
> Do I need to install any specific drivers for that ?

Yes.

However the issue is with XFree86 server rather than with linux kernel.

Also, without knowing _what_ hardware does your motherboard have, e.g.
builtin AGP display controller, or some additional card in an AGP slot,
even XFree86 folks can't help you out.

The minimum data needed for it is /sbin/lspci -v output.

You just might have a display card that isn't supported by the XFree86;
yet...

> -vi

/Matti Aarnio