hello, i need some help

From: linuxcompilerdd
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 11:48:13 EST

Hello,

I have a problem booting the kernel.
Now i am using kernel 2.4.20 and it is working nice but when I try to boot
2.5.xx I obtain this error:
VFS:cannot open root device "hdb5" or hdb5

After working on it, now I am sure that the problem is on the hard disk because
I have an AWARD 4.51 and my hdb is an 60Gb disk so I use the STROKE from SEAGATE
to use it.
I don`t have any problem on 2.x.xx but I cannot boot on it now.
I have booted the same kernel that displayed the error in other system and
it booted perfectly, so the problem resides on the hdb.

I wish you could help me resolving it, maybe a patch for the drive...

I hope your answer.
Thank u

Guille