RE: Who changed /proc/<pid>/ in 2.6.0-test5-bk9?

From: Robert White
Date: Wed Oct 08 2003 - 16:55:08 EST

Actually, the pthread library is at a higher level than the clone() system
call (where I was phrasing my debate.)

That library already does "the right thing" by requesting that the file
descriptors be shared explicitly. It must for the pthread paradigm to work.
Therefore it presumably still will.

That is libpthread "does" and "should" make the requests for new OS threads
with the unified file descriptor table case. So the below will keep working
as expected.

I was barking up a different tree with my arguments. (e.g. what is the
minimal definition of thread in the mind of the kernel.)

So unless the pthread implementer makes a mistake, the POSIX level of
abstraction will be right regardless.

Rob.