Re: NFS speed problem when appending data to existing files

From: Torsten Werner
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 05:35:56 EST

Hello Bernd,

On 2003-10-09, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> 2.4.22 has a client-side nfs-bug causing this. I'm not sure if this is
> already fixed in 2.4.23-pre6, so I suggest you downgrade to 2.4.21.

Thanks, that does avoid the error messages in the kernel log but it does
not solve the problem. You can download a strace log from
http://twerner.debian.net/strace.out.bz2 . You will see a programm that
repeatedly opens a file in append mode, writes some data and closes the
file. Sometimes the close need overs half a second which is far to much.
(Please just 'grep close strace.out' to see it clearly.)

It did work with some older kernel that I have already deinstalled. :-(

Regards,
Torsten

--
Torsten Werner Dresden University of Technology
email@xxxxxxxxxxxx +49 351 46336711 / +49 162 3123004