Re: Serverworks CSB5 IDE-DMA Problem (2.4 and 2.6)

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 16:07:44 EST

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

APIC problem should be fixed, but yes it's better to disable ACPI.

Not sure if I understand this one right - the dmesg was from the 2.6.0-test6 kernel which did have ACPI HT-enum-only compiled in but no "local APIC support".
The 2.4.22 one that has the same problem does neither have ACPI nor APIC support compiled in - so no this doesn't seem to be the problem.

These "timeout due to drive busy" needs to be resolved.

Yes - I really hope this will be fixed soon. I was forced to add a fiberchannel HBA into this maschine today to integrate it into our SAN to get the database up to speed again.
However I'm willing to move the database to the local disks again if you want me to test a patch or something along that line.

Stefan