Re: 2.6.0-test5 & test6 cd burning/scheduler/ide-scsi.c bug

From: bill davidsen
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 17:06:44 EST

In article <Pine.LNX.4.53.0310022146120.2108@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Zwane Mwaikambo <zwane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, AG wrote:
|
| > Hi
| >
| > This is my first bug submission, so please have patience with my noobness :)
|
| The general consensus is that you should be using the direct ATAPI
| interface for cd-writing in 2.6. Be sure to get uptodate cdrtools and if
| you want to use a gui, i hear k3b is able to grok the new interface.

That's nice, but does that mean SCSI is being desupported? I only tried
one burn with test5, but that hung reset-button hard as well. My
controller works fine with my SCSI disks and tapes, I really don't want
to have to replace the CD burner.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc