Re: Misc NFSv4 (was Re: statfs() / statvfs() syscall ballsup...)

From: Michael Shuey
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 10:57:47 EST

On Friday 10 October 2003 10:32 am, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> The client implementation in 2.6.0 is still lacking several important
> features, including locking, ACLs, delegation support and recovery of
> state (in case of server reboot or network partitions). I'm hoping
> Andrew/Linus will allow me to send updates once the early 2.6.x
> codefreeze period is over.

How about other features? In particular, do the client/server do
authentication (krb5? lipkey/spkm3?), integrity and privacy?

Also, are any patches on Citi's site useful anymore? I see patches for
2.6.0-test1, but nothing more recent. Have they been folded into the main
tree?

> That said, I definitely encourage people to test out the existing code
> for stability, and I will be offering an 'NFS_ALL' series with those
> features that are missing from the main tree as and when I judge they
> are approaching release quality.

Neato! Those of us with hordes of machines using Linux's NFS appreciate the
extra effort.

--
Mike Shuey