Re: [2.7 "thoughts"] V0.3

From: Uncle Jens
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 16:18:22 EST

What about some type of kernel-based-DRM, where only properly(trusted) signed
binaries can be executed? For example, I could compile my public key in with
the kernel and it would only run binaries that had been signed by my private
key. I feel that this would be a great security enhancement and would like to
hear about any issues this may present.
I've searched all over for a project that does something like this and have been
unable to find one. I'd like to start one up on my own, but lack the kernel
development expertise.

I'm open for any input/flames/etc....

Michael