Re: Job Announcements (was Linux TCP/IP Stack Developer)

From: David S. Miller
Date: Sat Oct 11 2003 - 15:41:47 EST

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:25:08 -0700
Stephen Satchell <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 10:58 AM 10/11/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >By spamming job opennings to our kernel development lists where such
> >things are not considered allowed, you fucknuts are basically
> >guarenteeing that no kernel programmer with a brain is going to
> >respect your company enough to apply for these jobs.
> >
> >Please stop posting this crap now.
>
> Are you speaking for yourself, or for Red Hat as well?

I'm speaking as the vger.kernel.org list maintainer.

Posting job offerings here has always been and will always be verboten
here on these lists. And in particular technical people who join this
list get a very bad taste in their mouth when someone advertises here
be it for jobs or products.

If there is no good place to look for Linux kernel development jobs,
that isn't my problem. What is my problem is to enforce the rules
of these lists at vger.kernel.org.