Re: Job Announcements (was Linux TCP/IP Stack Developer)

From: Adam Sulmicki
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 20:52:20 EST

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Adam Sulmicki wrote:

> One thing though. While this is the list to receive job announcements, you
> should sent the job offers to me instead. For some reasons spammers love
> emails with word "job" in it and I get tons of spam to that address, so it
> is easy to miss the job offers with huge amount of 'd' going on.
>
> If someone could update FAQ to reflect this, it would be great.

I suppose I should clarify. The list is moderated. It used to be open but
then every time some spam would get on list some rude folks would complain
to *my* ISP about spam on the list they subscribe to (!?!?). Given choice
between closing the list and getting it moderated I picked the 2nd choice.

--
Adam Sulmicki
http://www.eax.com The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers