Re: retaining use of the mouse wheel with "psmouse_noext=1"?

From: Eric Wong
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 01:29:23 EST

Greg Norris <haphazard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have to use the "psmouse_noext=1" option to psmouse.ko, in order to
> keep the pointer from going stark-raving mad[1] when I use my KVM
> switch. Unfortunately, this seems to squash the use of the mouse wheel
> for scrolling (it still works as a 3rd button), which is a feature I'd
> really like to retain. Is there any way to keep the wheel fully
> functional when using this option (or otherwise fix the KVM issue)?
> It's a Belkin SOHO 4-port switch, if that makes a difference.

A stab in the dark (I don't have a KVM handy, or even a mouse at the
moment to test on) but you could try editing the psmouse_extensions()
function in drivers/input/mouse/psmouse-base.c :

if (psmouse_noext)
return PSMOUSE_PS2;

replace PSMOUSE_PS2 with another one of the defined variables found near
the bottom of: drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.h

You should be able to figure out which name most closely matches you
mouse by looking at the psmouse_extensions() function.

--
Eric Wong