Re: -test7: /sys/power/disk not reading right data?

From: Patrick Mochel
Date: Mon Oct 13 2003 - 11:43:42 EST

> > I'm seeing this on -test7 (tainted:pavel, but I did not touch this
> > area).
>
> Reproduced on -test7-bk, vanilla.

It's a known bug. If your system supports both S4 and S4bios, only the
latter may be selected.

> What advantages does disk/ state separation have? I believe that echo
> swsusp > state (or echo s4bios > state or echo disk-firmware > state)
> is the right interface, and that we want to do echo "s4bios" >
> on_battery_low or similar interface. (echo "mem" > on_battery_low
> makes sense, too, toshiba notebooks do that for example).

The string 's4bios' only makes sense on systems that support it, while
'disk' is concise and obvious, regardless on how your platform implements
it. I don't want to have options that are only relevant on a subset of the
systems out there.

Pat