Re: ReiserFS patch for updating ctimes of renamed files

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 01:13:53 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:

Hans Reiser <reiser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In theory it is cleaner and purer to do it the way we did. In practice, Alex's problem seems like a real one, and I don't know how hard it is to change tar to do the right thing. We'll discuss it in a small seminar today.

It would be best to make this change. minix, ext2 and ext3 do set ctime,
so it is "the Linux standard".

do you think schultz's arguments about why it is wrong are correct? They seem well thought out to me.

--
Hans