Linux 2.4.22ac4 hungs on motherboard NVIDIA nForce2 A7N8X-X

From: Alexander Litvinov
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 04:06:40 EST

Hello,

Almost every morning I came and see my linux machine is hanged. Sometimes it
hungs under hevy HDD load. Can someone give me an advice how to fix this?

I am using SuSE Linux 8.0 with manualy intalled kernel 2.4.22-ac4
lan@lan:~> cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.4.22-ac4 (root@lan) (gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)) #2
Thu Oct 2 11:47:55 NOVST 2003

I have the following motherboard: A7N8X0X with NVIDIA nForce2 chipset with AMD
Athlon(tm) XP 2500+

I have one IDE hard disk ST360021A and one IDE CDROM drive.

Dump of /proc/pci is attached to this mail. Dmesg output too.

Kernel is loaded with params: acpi=off noapic