linux 2.6.0-test7 broadcom driver b44

From: marc . kalberer
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 12:06:01 EST

Hello,
After about 30 recompiling of the kernel and svevral research on the net
I came to the result :
the Broadcom driver bcm4400 (b44) has a problem

log:
- Kernel: b44.c:v0.9 (july 2003)
- link is down
- flow control is off for tx and off for rx

First I wasn't able to do a ifup: it gave me a siocsifflags not implemented
error,
but it disapear when I enable the acpi (??? Strange how those 2 things are
related ??)

Then I tried the patch solution provided by http://twibble.org/dist/bcm4400/
No better result !
I used gcc 3.2.2

I got an other feed back from somebody who installed the 2.4.22, with the
b44 driver and who get a failure on bringing up the network at boot time
but ..... network is strangely working correctly !

I don't know where to find more logs on this specific problem, if you need
some more info, contact me

Marc Kalberer

marc.kalberer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx