Re: nvidia.o on 2.4.22/2.6.0 ??

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Tue Oct 14 2003 - 20:26:36 EST

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:33:30 -0000, Max Valdez <maxvaldez@xxxxxxxxx> said:

> Have anyone made a successful run of X with nvidia (closes source)
> module ??, I have a TNT2 running on a 2.4.20-gentoo-r7 kernel, but when
> I try to run X on 2.4.22* or 2.6.0* I alway get an error about my screen
> and /dev/nvidia0.

1) Get the 4496 drivers from NVidia, use "--extract-only" to get the pieces out.
2) Surf over to http://www.minion.de/nvidia and pick up the patch. Apply
it in the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2/usr/src/nv directory. While booted
to -test7, 'cp Makefile.kbuild Makefile' and then 'make'.

(I posted more detailed directions a while ago, they should be in the list archives)

It would certainly help if you were more specific about "get an error about
my screen and /dev/nvidia0".