Re: 2.6.0-test7 and HIDBP

From: Norman Diamond
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 05:29:20 EST

Roman Zippel replied to me:

> If USB_HIDDEV is set to 'y', then you indeed won't see USB_KBD, as it's
> only selectable if USB_HIDDEV is 'n' or 'm'. It seems to work here.

You are right. On the machine with Gnome, I ran "make gconfig" again,
changed one of the HID options from "y" to "m", and then the HIDBP options
became available.

Sorry, I didn't guess that changing a setting between "y" and "m" could
affect the visibility of other options this way. In this case it seems
reasonable, but I still didn't imagine this kind of thing. Sorry.