Re: Unbloating the kernel, action list

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 07:50:31 EST

On Tue, 2003-10-14 15:56:38 -0700, cliff white <cliffw@xxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <20031014155638.7db76874.cliffw@xxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:30:41 -0700
> "Martin J. Bligh" <mbligh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > 7) Do come in suggesting anything I might have forgotten

> Marco, if you could supply time on a small client box, and a desired .config,
> we can add you as a Tinderbox client,
> then you have a place to point people when the size increases.

I can put on the table:

486SLC, 12MB RAM
i386, 8MB RAM (hey, this box is nearly build up by discrete parts:)
Am386, 8MB RAM
P-Classic, 32MB RAM (even that much RAM can go short after an uptme of
about a month...)

Unfortunately, you need an additional kernel patch because nearly all
distros are using mach==i486 which gives you nice sigills on an i386
otherwise...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg