Re: Transparent compression in the FS

From: Erik Mouw
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 08:34:24 EST

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 04:30:50PM -0400, Josh Litherland wrote:
> Are there any filesystems which implement the transparent compression
> attribute ? (chattr +c)

The NTFS driver supports compressed files. Because it doesn't have
proper write support, I don't think it will do anything useful with
chattr +c.

Nowadays disks are so incredibly cheap, that transparent compression
support is not realy worth it anymore (IMHO).

Erik

--
+-- Erik Mouw -- www.harddisk-recovery.com -- +31 70 370 12 90 --