Re: aic7xxx lockup for SMP for 2.4.22

From: Peter Maersk-Moller
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 13:49:24 EST

Hi

Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:
Assuming UP means uni-processor, do you then mean removing
one of the processors or just disabling (ie. not enabling) SMP ?
The latter case (enabling IO-APIC and disabling SMP) makes the
boot process halt when it come to activating the aic7xxx driver.
Thanks that's what i wanted to find out, which 2.4 kernel version does it work with?

Hmmm ...... It has worked with 2.4.20 ..... but I just went
through many hardware and software updates and replacements and I
can't (hardware replaced) go back and verify everything ... so I can't
really give you a reliable answer here.

I can try to install everything again in a way that will make it fail
with 2.4.22 and then download and install older versions until it
works again, but that will be a tedious process that will take
many hours of work. Maybe, but only maybe, I'll do it, but only
if you find it VERY useful.

Kind regards