Re: question on incoming packets and scheduler

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 15:54:47 EST

Friesen, Christopher [CAR:7Q28:EXCH] wrote:

With 2.4.[18-20], the overall average goes up when the number of packets goes up. For 2.6.0-test6, it stays constant.

Okay, its official. My brain isn't working.

The different kernels were tested on two different machines. The one running 2.4 is *just* enough slower that the packets start to pile up and end up waiting in the socket buffer. By slowing down the packet sending I get results that are invariant with the number of packets.

Sorry for the false alarm guys....

Chris

--
Chris Friesen | MailStop: 043/33/F10