Re: hotplug and /etc/init.d/hotplug

From: dacin
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 16:15:33 EST

See /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit for the magic ....

Regards
Dacodecz

sting sting wrote:

Hello,
I am running RedHat 9 with 2.4.20-8 kernel ;
Now , I have a questo about hotplug:
I have hotplug-2002_04_01-17 installed (rpm);

Now , I read the readme of this rpm ;
in their "installing" section , clause 5 , it says:
# cp etc/rc.d/init.d/hotplug /etc/rc.d/init.d/hotplug
# cd /etc/rc.d/init.d
# chkconfig --add hotplug

I checked on my machine and there is no "hotplug" file in that folder.
Nevertheless, hotplugin works (because when I plug a USB camera
I can see in the kernel log (/var/log/messages) messages which start with
/etc/hotplug/usb.agent

I also looked at the kernel code (method "call_polcy" in usb.c )
and it doesn't seems to me that the hotplug in /etc/init.d is needed .

can anybody make some clarifications ?
sting