Full specifications available for RealTek 8180 wireless chipset

From: Roberto Di Cosmo
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 04:00:26 EST

Having experienced a large set of delusions using the closed source
drivers for the RealTek 8180 wireless chipset available on
RealTek web site on a stock kernel 2.4.20, that do confirm the
posting of fedor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on September 11 2003 about
kernel freeze with stock 2.4.22, I politely complained with
RealTek, suggesting they open the code or release the chipset
specifications to the community.

I received today the full chipset specifications, that I uploaded
to http://www.dicosmo.org/RTL8180spec_1_3.pdf

I hope this may help, if somebody is willing to undertake writing
a real, full fledged, Linux-quality driver for this chipset.

Sorry for not being able to do this myself.

Yours

--Roberto Di Cosmo

P.S.: I apologize for posting without being subscribed to the list.