Re: Unbloating the kernel, action list

From: M. Fioretti
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 15:14:20 EST

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 15:30:41 at 03:30:41PM -0700, Martin J. Bligh (mbligh@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > 7) Do come in suggesting anything I might have forgotten
>
> If you do automated testing of nightly builds of the mainline 2.6 / 2.7
> kernels, and point out when they get bigger in consumption, you'll have
> a much better chance of convincing people to fix it when the patch in
> question is still topical, and fresh in people's minds.

I agree. Unfortunately, I have no possibility to do this. I'll pass it
over to the RULE list, though.

> I'd predict that a lot of the issue is just tuning things dynamically
> instead of statically sizing them.

That makes sense. From our point of view, the best thing would be
pointers to resources explaining what to tune, when and why, so we can
prepare suitable documentation from that for our non technical end
users. Suggestions?

TIA,
Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it
Red Hat for low memory http://www.rule-project.org/en/

I doni ricevuti dal Padreterno, servono se utilizzati: chi li contempla
gode, ma chi ne fa uso probabilmente aiuta altri a godere.