Re: Where's the bzip2 compressed linux-kernel patch?

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 00:31:02 EST

Rob Landley wrote:

I just rewrote bunzip2 for busybox in about 500 lines of C (and a good chunk of that's comments), which comiles to a bit under 7k, and I was thinking of redoing the bunzip-the-kernel patch with my new bunzip code, but I can't find the patch. Anybody got a URL to it?

The most recent one I could find was kerneltrap's 404-error link to http://chrissicool.piranho.com/patch-2.4.x-bzip2-i386

This came up on the list a while back. IIRC the conclusion was that
runtime memory usage and speed, and not so significant compression
improvement over gzip.