Re: Where's the bzip2 compressed linux-kernel patch?

From: Jörn Engel
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 11:44:35 EST

On Sat, 18 October 2003 00:18:21 -0500, Rob Landley wrote:

> I just rewrote bunzip2 for busybox in about 500 lines of C (and a good chunk
> of that's comments), which comiles to a bit under 7k.

5140 on my machine, compared to 9436 for the stock decompress.o. Nice.

Does it survive the bzip2 testcases?

> P.S. If you're curious about the micro-bunzip code, it's in busybox CVS:
> http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/busybox/archival/libunarchive/decompress_bunzip2.c

Not pretty with 80 columns, but it looks good at first glance. And
surely more fun to work on than the zlib-inspired code from Julian.

Jörn

--
Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it.
Some can avoid it. Geniuses remove it.