Re: swsusp in test8 fails with intel-agp and i830

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 13:09:41 EST

Hi!

> I am not sure which of the two modules causes the problem, I can only load
> them both. Unfortunately, without those modules the vaio laptop can only give
> 640x480, so this is not much of a workaround...

With vesafb, you should be able to get any resultion you want at
60Hz. Which is okay, because you have LCD.

> To summarize:
> If the intel-agp and i830 modules are not loaded during startup, suspend via
> echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep and restore work beautifully. If those modules
> _are_ loaded, and X is running, resume reboots.

Okay,

static int agp_intel_resume(struct pci_dev *pdev)
{
struct agp_bridge_data *bridge = pci_get_drvdata(pdev);

if (bridge->driver == &intel_generic_driver)
intel_configure();
else if (bridge->driver == &intel_845_driver)
intel_845_configure();

return 0;
}

intel_agp tries to implement resume, try to put printk("something");
mdelay(1000); in it and debug it this way.

drivers/char/drm/i830_drv driver is apparently using DMA _and_ has no
suspend/resume support. That looks dangerous to me, perhaps you'll
need to implement those, too.
Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]