Re: Network module (de4x5) wont load

From: Nathan Poznick
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 17:44:19 EST

Thus spake Bas Nedermeijer:
> Hello,
>
> i tried the kernel-2.6.0-test7 and -test8, but my network driver doesnt seem
> te load properly, the system hangs after it reports the driver is in "100
> mbit" mode. I'm using the de4x5 module, and i have the
> module-init-tools-0.9.15-pre2 to load my modules. I'm not sure the problem is
> in the module loading, becausing compiling the module in kernel also hangs
> the system.

This same thing happens on my Alpha (4 x EV45, 512mb RAM). The system
will boot fine so long as I never bring up networking... The driver
scans for and finds the devices, but as soon as the system attempts to
bring up an interface, it locks up.

On someone's suggestion, I had tried the -test5 version of de4x5.[ch]
(along with some reverted changes in Space.c), but it had the same
effects.

--
Nathan Poznick <kraken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Nobody can describe a fool to the life, without much patient
self-inspection. - Frank Moore Colby