Re: Uncorrectable Error on IDE, significant accumulation

From: Konstantin Kletschke
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 10:43:53 EST

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 05:17:16PM +0200, Lionel Bouton wrote:

> Try offloading some power strain by removing some peripherals (CD-ROM,
> non-mandatory disk drive) and see if it solves your problem.

The risk ist too high, may be the PSU has a dry capacitor or
whatsoever and the next drive breakes in two month with cdrom disabled.
Because, there is only a CDROM Drive which could be disabled. No other
components, no fat Graphics...

> PSUs fail to produce enough juice under load and the system simply
> becomes unstable.

Well, the computer is most stable, it freezes sometimes, but I don't
know if that was at the last lanparty (April) or thtereafter.

But as said, I am "convinced" and head to the store now.
The machine is NOT relieable to me anymore...

Konsti

--
2.6.0-test1-mm2
Konstantin Kletschke <konsti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <konsti@xxxxxxxxx>