Re: Wow. Suspend to disk works for me in test8. :)

From: Rob Landley
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 16:01:56 EST

On Monday 20 October 2003 05:45, Voicu Liviu wrote:
> Rob Landley wrote:
> >Good grief. It worked.
> >
> >echo -n disk > /sys/power/state
>
> How long does it take to do suspend to disk?

I haven't actually timed it, but it feels like somewhere around 15 seconds.
(I just close the lid and pack the thing away while it's doing it, haven't
really been paying attention...)

Coming back takes about the same time. It's not instant on, but it's a
distinct improvement.

A couple of down sides I've noticed: I have to run "hwclock --hctosys" after a
resume because the time you saved at is the time the system thinks it is when
you resume (ouch). And because of that, things that should time out and
renew themselves (like dhcp leases) have to be thumped manually.

But other than that... :)

Rob