Re: LVM on md0: raid0_make_request bug: can't convert block acrosschunks or bigger than 64k

From: Karl Vogel
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 16:54:52 EST

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 23:06, Kevin Corry wrote:
> On Monday 20 October 2003 15:35, Karl Vogel wrote:
> > I'm getting the following kernel messages on V2.6.0-test8-mm1 (I've also
> > tried plain -test7 and some kernels before that) when copying moderately
> > sized files from a raid-0/LVM volume:
> >
> > --- snip ---
> > raid0_make_request bug: can't convert block across chunks or bigger than
> > 64k 24081064 64
> > raid0_make_request bug: can't convert block across chunks or bigger than
> > 64k 24080656 64
> > raid0_make_request bug: can't convert block across chunks or bigger than
> > 64k 24080784 64
> > raid0_make_request bug: can't convert block across chunks or bigger than
> > 64k 24080928 64
>
> Looks like this was just recently fixed on the linux-raid list.
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-raid&m=106661294929434

Applied the patch on 2.6.0-test8-mm1 but it made no difference.

Somebody else referred to this posting:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103369952814053&w=2

but that patch doesn't apply cleanly anymore and I'm not familiar with
the code to be confident to fix it up myself. (that post was from almost
exactly 1 year ago, so alot changed probably :)