Re: 2.6.0-test8-mm1

From: Thomas Schlichter
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 17:31:57 EST

On Tuesday 21 October 2003 00:17, Andrew Mortonwrote:
> Thomas Schlichter <schlicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Monday 20 October 2003 23:48, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > > A colleague here has discovered that this crash is repeatable, but goes
> > > away when the radeon driver is disabled.
> > >
> > > Are you using that driver?
> >
> > No, I'm not... I use the vesafb driver. Do you think disabling this could
> > cure the Oops?
>
> It might. Could you test it please?

I will, but currently I compile 2.6.0-test8. I want to try if this works...
I also want to try test8-mm1 without the -Os patch, you never know... ;-)

> There's nothing in -mm which touches the inode list management code, so a
> random scribble or misbehaving driver is likely.

Yes, or some part of the kernel compiled false...
(After some problems with erlier gcc's I don't trust my curent 3.3.1 that
much...)

> > Btw. a similar Oops at the same place occours when the uhci-hcd module is
> > unloaded...
>
> How similar?

Very similar (I think it came from deactivate_super(), too), but it seems not
to be logged...