Re: Suspend with 2.6.0-test7-mm1

From: David Härdeman
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 02:52:42 EST

Patrick Mochel wrote:
Now, I wonder, what is causing the kernel to exit from the suspend immediately? Is it error in suspend code, drivers that doesn't support suspend or some program that is interrupting the sleep? How do I debug this further?

Are you using ACPI? If so, could you please send the output of
/proc/acpi/sleep? If not, then standby will not work for you at this time.

(david@hansolo:~)$ cat /proc/acpi/sleep
S0 S3 S4 S5

I am using ACPI and it seems to work fine (no error messages on boot, able to read battery status, AC adapter status and shutdown/reboot using it).

I seem to recall that "standby" is S1 in ACPI terms. Does the lack of "S1" in the above list mean that my hardware doesn't support standby or that the kernel doesn't?

Also, just to make sure, for the "mem" suspend function, it doesn't matter if the kernel is compiled with CONFIG_PM_DISK or CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND or none of them, right? Only CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP matters?

Regards,
David Härdeman
david@xxxxxxxx