Re: [2.6.0-test8] Difference between Software Suspend andSuspend-to-disk?

From: Felipe Alfaro Solana
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 08:06:49 EST

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 13:40, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> Tomas Szepe <szepe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> >> Software Suspend (EXPERIMENTAL)
> >> Suspend-to-Disk Support
> >
> > They're competing implementations of the same mechanism.
>
> And neither one works reliably, I might add. They both appear to save
> the current state to disk, but no matter what I try, I can't make it
> resume properly.

Yep! I must say I cannot resume my system from disk. The kernel always
complains about failing when trying to resume from disk. Also, after
suspending to disk, the swap partition is completely valid, and I don't
need to "mkswap" it. On previous releases of the kernel, when STD
worked, trying to skip resume from disk left the swap partition unusable
(as expected after dumping memory to the swap file).