Re: Uncorrectable Error on IDE, significant accumulation

From: Ian Hastie
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 14:25:24 EST

On Tuesday 21 Oct 2003 02:03, Ian Hastie wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 Oct 2003 00:05, Konstantin Kletschke wrote:
> > The new K7S5A Pro behaves strange.
> >
> > When lilo comes up, it gets keyboard input containing of 4-6 lines
> > "t:t:t:t:t:t:t:t:t:t:t:t:"...
> > When hitting backspace whole line gets cleared, enter boots default then.
> > WTF?
> > even with no keyboard plugged in. My first thought was disabling
> > "usb-keyboard support for dos" but... only a usb printer, ethernet and
> > serial modem are plugged in...
>
> Kernel configuration optins aren't going to affect LILO

Oh well. *8} It's that funny thing called the BIOS isn't it. Doh!!

: USB Function for DOS
: Enable this item if you plan to use the USB ports on this mainboard in a DOS
: environment.

Well assuming it implies some kind of 16bit related access mode then I suppose
it should be disabled anyway. However I didn't see a specific "usb-keyboard
support for dos" in the manual. What happens if you disable "USB Function
Support" completely?

--
Ian.