3Com pcmcia wlan with 2.6.0-test8

From: Mathias FrÃhlich
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 16:03:38 EST

I use a 3Com 3CRSHPW196 PCMCIA wlan card with the atmel_cs module on a IBM R40
laptop. Installed is Fedora 0.95 together with linux 2.6.0-test8.

The firmware is loaded using the kernel-hotplug firmware loader.

When the device is stopped or unloaded i get this message:

unregister_netdevice: waiting for eth1 to become free. Usage count = 4

Sometimes this locks shutdown hard. Sometimes the pcmcia card is left more or
less unusable. It is afterwards not detected on bootup and also not on
insertation past pcmcia initialization. Only

cardctl insert

switches the LED on the card on. Sometimes it is then usable, sometimes not.
The first 2.6.0 boot past a session with linux-2.4.22 using the pcmf502r3.o
module is allways successful as far as I remember.

Could you please take a look at the atmel driver?

Thank you in advance

Mathias FrÃhlich

--
Mathias FrÃhlich, email: Mathias.Froehlich@xxxxxx