Re: Software RAID5 with 2.6.0-test

From: bill davidsen
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 17:04:05 EST

In article <20031018115049.GB760@gallifrey>,
Dr. David Alan Gilbert <gilbertd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

| I'd love to see some real benchmarks to prove me wrong however!

Okay, I'm scheduled to build a system next month, give me the name of a
good controller which will do four drives and which can be used as a
dumb controller as well, and I'll grab six drives for the build and run
a test (baring a change in schedule, obviously).

I'll run as many RAID configs as make sense, whatever the hardware
supports. And also four way RAID-1 for a heavy read application, to see
if the software RAID does better than the controller, if it can do that
at all.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO, TMR Associates, Inc